Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Thoughts on Valentine's Day

Today has been a very nice day. I slept in some. Got my shower, worked on the baby afghan and watched Diagnosis Murder. I made my sweetheart's Valentine. I was quite pleased with it. I put the writing on the front in Red background with white writing. I tho't it looked very nice. The inside writing, I put in red. Red is his favorite color. He bought mine at the Dollar Store. It was a very nice card with a lovely verse. The verse on the card was: For My Wife a Special Valentine. Sweetheart, whenyou smile because I've made you happy, when your eyes show love meant only for me, when I feel your touch--I know what love is. And if I've learned to share my innermost thoughts, and if I've learned to give, it's because you've shown me what a special gift it is to be held above all others in someone else's heart. Then he wrote me a letter in which he mentioned my eyes and smile again. (He does mention he likes to look into them often.) He goes on to say: I've learned so much and could not hope for a ncer, loving, and helpful friend. you are a wise and humble and charitable person. I appreciate your testimony and desire and ability to serve and exemplify what you understand your mission is in mortality--and for the Eternal goals you are striving for--throughout all eternity. Always know/feel and realize that even with our waknesses and mistakes in judgement, that our life together is and always will be full of joy and our choices to be happy come from within our own spirit/heart and mind. I hope our Father in Heven and the Holy Ghost will help you know how much I love you. Yours always, Karl F. Robinson. (Always was our song while we were courting.) He wrote a letter stating that I had placed my priorities in the right place with our children and grandchildren and in-laws. I do know that my family is everything to me. I hate to think what my life would be had I not met my sweetheart and married and had the children that I had. And the grandchildren. I feel very blessed.

I remember back on the first Valentine's Day that we knew each other. We had been going together since November. He started toward the end of January to do his student teaching at Spanish Fork High School. We tho't that very interesting. We had spent most of our free time together, just the two of us. at the beginning of the week, I suggested that we not see each other until the weekend. If I remember right Valentine's Day was on Thursday that year. I had bought a Valentine for him but decided to wait until the weekend to give it to him. He left mine at the door in the old fashioned way. In it he told me that he missed me and loved me. I felt so bad that I had said I didn't want to see him until the weekend. That was the last time I suggested such a thing. I just needed some space. Things were moving toooo fast. After all, I was only 18 years old....not even 18 1/2 yet. We were officially engaged within three weeks. I didn't have an engagement ring but he had asked me to marry him. I am so glad and blessed that he did. We have had a good life together and such good children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice Valentine's Day!

Richard had a letter/present waiting for me when I returned from scouts last night =)

As far as your first Valentine's Day with Karl, I think it sounds wise that you requested a very small bit of time/space when you needed it. After all, if you continued feeling that it was too fast you might have broken it off completely--who knows how things would have turned out?!

K said...

I am glad your valentine's day was a good ome. Kim gave me chocolates and The Movie: Just Like Heaven. We gave the children treats and had took them to the library for a special Valentine's story telling (We celebrated it on Monday this year to combine it with FHE then Kim took me to lunch the next day.)