Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I forgot to mention that my sweetheart took me out to Johnny Carino's Italian Restaurant for lunch. It was nice but not as nice as an Olive Garden Restaurant. We had chicken fettachini with a side salad with basalmic vingrette dressing. That is the first time we have gone to that restaurant. I am looking forward to when the Olive Garden Restaurant gets here. They are building it where the old JB's restaurant used to be on West Broadway. They haven't officially announced it yet but it has been published in the paper that they don't do that until everything is signed and sealed. Since they have started on the construciton the reporter says he feels sure that that's what it will be there. I hope so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Olive Garden...
I saw that the JB's was going down when we were there back in August. Kinda weird, because I spent a great deal of coffee time there with my friends. Mixed emotions and all that...

Anyway, if that is the location for the OG, it makes an interesting dynamic for that side of town. Good location to be right off of the freeway, although being closer to the riverbelt might have been even more 'romantic'.

Tigersue said...

For me that JB's has all the memories of coming to visit my grandparents. It was always a stop for us to eat there one way or another, often both ways. We would eat lunch or dinner on the way to Provo, or Breakfast after leaving early, early, in the morning to go home. Makes me sad to think of it gone.

MomR said...

They actually built a new one on Lindsey Blvd so it isn't actually gone I guess. Just gone from that location. We haven't been to the new one just heard or read about it.