Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Geneology

I ran across a cardboard envelope that Karen gave to me a year or so ago. She got it from Bryan and Sandy. In a letter to Karen and Kent Bryan explained about some disks he'd enclosed about some of Kent's ancestors. They weren't in there. But there were some pink and blue papers used for family names when doing endowments--five pink and seven blue--that were some of my ancestors. I looked on the Church's website Family Search to see if their work had been done. The reason I did this is because my sister Mildred had sent me some before and I did the initiatory and endowment for each of them. I didn't feel anything when I did it and tho't it quite strange. When I went to the family history center here in IF and checked them out, I found out that their work had already been done for them years ago. Well these names that had Bryan & Sandy's name on them as the submitters--this was when they lived in Albuquerque, I checked on the family search Sunday night after our "family" chat closed. I found that the work had already been done for all of them but three and the two men whose didn't have dates were cleared in 1991 to be done. So I guess I need to go back to the FHC and check and see if they were done. The only woman I couldn't find anything on was Magdlena Durler who married Jacob Rufener, one of my grandma Wendel's ancestors. When I started looking for the link on my PAF file on this computer, I found out that hers had been done in the IF temple in 1999. I think I remember doing hers. That would be the only reason that I had the information on my PAF. I guess I'm going to have to take these names to the FHC and see if they can help me hook them up to my family line. I have their names and the dates for the work being done but don't really know for sure where they come into my line. Some are for my Grandma Wendel, I know because of the Rufener name, which was my grandma's maiden name and they originated in Swizterland. And some are probably for my Grandpa Wendel because the people orginated in Germany. I hope to go to the FHC this week or next week and see if I can figure some of this out. I found it very interesting.

2 comments:

Tigersue said...

The work if it has been done, shows up very quickly on the family search site, only a couple of days. The turn over is very fast. As far as not feeling anything, I often don't feel anything when I go do my family names, and I have had a very strong feeling for one that I found out later had been done, so I don't think it means anything either way. At this point I figure if I have the card, I'm doing it. I hope that isn't wrong, I just look and relook, and there are so many errors, it becomes a real pain sometimes.

MomR said...

Thanks for the input, Tanya. I'll keep that in mind as I keep at it.