Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday Is a Special Day

It has been awhile since I have blogged anything. It has been a quiet week but a nice week. cold but nice. We went to Blackfoot Thursday to visit with Karen and Macie. We hadn't seen Karen since they got back from their cruise. We hadn't seen Macie since the Christmas holidays. Karen brought me back four magnets to hang on my French doors. One was from Aruba with chimes hanging on the bottom, one from New York with the Statue of Liberty on it, one from Barbados, and the last one from Dominica. We say Do-min-i-ca. They say Do-mi-nee-ca. When she told me that I tho't well, it is Spanish. Macie is getting so cute. She can sit alone now. We watched Bambi 2 while we were there. In it Thumper and Flower try to teach Bambi how to growl and act brave. I don't know if that's where she got it or if she just started it but she started growling at me. I just started laughing at her. The more I laughed the more she growled. She would throw out and stiffen her arms, throw our her chest and growl. She looked "fierce" and sounded more fierce than Bambi did. It was so funny. Karen told us that she hadn't seen her do that before. Shani called when she was doing it and Karen discribed it to her. Shani said that she had never seen her do it before either. It was fun. After Kylie got home, we told her about it and so Kylie started growling at her and Macie growled back. Of course we all think she's adorable.

I finished The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans last night. I really enjoyed it. He is a good author. Good clean books with good themes and happy endings.

Today we went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. They did a good job of it. It did get quite tense in spots even tho' I knew the story. I couldn't remember all of the details tho' becasue it's been a couple of years since I read the book. We need to get that volume so I can read it again. We've got the first four in paper back and Vol. VI in hard back. We both enjoyed the show very much.

We enjoyed watching the XX Olymic opening ceremonies last night. It was interesting to see that the only athlete from Venezuela is the progessor from Boise State University who is competing in the Logue (sp?). The Post-Register had an article on him a month or two ago. He's in his late 40's or early 50's. He's close to one of the oldest athletes there. But what an opportunity! They pointed out that Mexica didn't have any athletes and I noticed that Jamaca didn't either. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrrr--how cute!

Does Karen have a tan?

MomR said...

A little one but she tanned in the tanner before she left. She may have been tanner when she first got home and lost it in the three weeks we didn't see her.