Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A New Beginning

I have decided that this is a way to keep track of my life right now and maybe let others find out a thing or two about what me and mine are doing. It is a new year altho' it is the fourth week in it but better late than never I always say.

Today has been a quiet day. I have been working on the baby afghan for Bryan's and Sandy's baby. I had about 55 rows done on one but since I had to change yarn and didn't like the way it was looking I decided to start over. So I started over with some new Econo yarn that is larger than what I have been using (I've been using the pompador baby fingering yarn and that has been discontinued.) The Econo yarn is pompador also but just a larger heavier yarn. I think I like the look of it so will go with that. I will have to work diligently tho' in order to finish it before the baby gets here. It is due April 12. So I have less than three months to finish it. I am stronger now tho' than I have been for a long time and can work longer than I have been able to for a long time so that will help. I will tell later why I am stronger and heathier.

I was saddened to learn that my daughter-in-law Kimberly had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery last evening. She was so excited to be pregnant and wanted this baby sooo badly. My heart goes out to her and our prayers are with her. Our temple doesn't open until next Tuesday, January 31 or I would put her name on the prayer roll.

I have been able to stay home all day today which has been a real treat. That doesn't happen very often anymore. It is good to be able to stay home sometimes. It is also very nice to have some place to go.

2 comments:

K said...

Thanks mom. I am actually doing very well. I am still sore and I can't do as much as I used to be able to but the children are very helpful and the ward members have been bringing in food and watching the children when I need them too. My name is on many Temple prayer rolls and there are lots of people praying for me. I can really feel the blessings from those prayers.

Dangerman said...

Blogging is a cool way to let everyone know how you are doing. Just remember, like Kimberly does, to copy and paste the same contents into a Word document, so you can save it beyond what the blog website will, besides backup it provides an ongoing journal...unless you are already doing a seperate one...