Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Last night was another DI drive. Karl went down stairs and gathered clothes that he has outgrown and collected in various places. He brought up a denum dress that is a medium that when he first brought it home I didn't think I would ever be able to wear. And it fits great! Even in my arms. It isn't tight anywhere. He also brought up a pretty blue sweater that I don't remember ever seeing. It also is a medium. And it fits. I wore it all day today. It feels so neat to be this size now.

I had a 10:00 nail apointment this morning. Then an 11:00 apointment with Elena Pack who is my personal trainer. Eric Jackman, the physiologist with the New U program suggested that I higher (sp?) one to help me regain some of the mass or muscle I have lost along with the fat with my weight loss. This is the third time I have met with her on a one on one basis. I will meet with her once a month. I was on the treadmill for five minutes at 2.5 mph to warm up. I tolerated it much better than I did in November and was even able to talk while walking. She then helped me with a band that I place under my feet and did curl ups and raises with my arms working on my biceps, triceps etc. I have gone to two Pilates classes, one each the last two Mondays. I can tell that they are really helping me get my abds tightened up. I can tell the difference after doing them each time. I never would have believed that they could make that much difference so quickly. I have even moved my bra over to the last row of hooks! this morning. So altho' I don't have much fat now under my bustline I can tell that my muscles are really tightening up. I can get down on the mat and up again so much easier than I did the first time. The first time I ended up falling down on the mat the last few inches and it was very difficult getting up. It just amazes me how quickly they help. I did some more with Pilates the last part of my session today. Elena said that they are to be done only twice a week. So I did them Monday and today for this week. Next week I will have to do them on my own at home to get the second time in.

I worked some more on the baby afghan that I started yesterday. It is coming right along. It is looking quite pretty. I am glad that I started over with the larger yarn.

2 comments:

Dangerman said...

It is great that you are feeling better and able to do more physical training successfully. Also, I am sure that it is a neat feeling to be able to fit in smaller sized clothes.

I hope that you and Dad are doing well. I wish Dad could do email or blog, it would be cool to read some of his thoughts and feelings, too.

Computers are not all bad... or I would not have two degrees including them...

MomR said...

Thanks for your comments, Kim and Bryan. I wish Dad would be alittle more adventuresome too. love you both.