Saturday, January 28, 2006

More About Me and my New Life

I stated that I started at 221 lbs. On May 4, 2005 I weighed in at 191 lbs. with BMI 34.6, fat % 49.8, fat mass, 94.5 lbs. FFM 95.5 lbs. (this is the first time that I've had more muscle than fat!) TBW 70.0 lbs.

On June 23, 2005 I weighed in at 174.5 lbs. with BMI 31.9, fat% 44.0, fat mass, 77 lbs. FFM 97.5 lbs, and TBW 71.5lbs.

On August 12, 2005 I weighed in at 160 lbs. with BMI 29.3, fat % 45.3%, fat mass 72.5 lbs. FFM 87.5 lbs. TBW 64. lbs. This was at the New U Clinic.

On August 24, I weighed in at Dr. Baird's office at 160 lbs. with BMI 29.3, fat % 36.6%, fat mass 58.5 lbs., FFM 101.5 lbs. TBW 74.5 lbs. I don't know why the difference in the fat % and mass and FFM with the weight and BMI the same. I like the numbers of the latter.

On September 30 I weighed in at 154 lbs with BMI 28.9, fat % 40.6, fat mass 62.5 lbs., FFM 91.5 lbs. TBW 67 lbs. I don't know why my TBW is less because I was finally getting in my 8 cups of water a day. I had only been getting in 6-7 before.

On October 28, at the New U Clinic I weighed in 147 lbs. with BMI 26.9, fat % 40.7%, fat mass 60 lbs., FFM 87 lbs. and TBW at 63.5 lbs. Again I'm not sure why my TBW is down because I'm doing much better on my liquids. They told me at the clinic that the fat% part on their scales was wrong and to go over to Eric Jackson, the exercise physiologist, and he could measure me with calipers and tell me exactly what percentage of fat I have. So I went to my water exercise class then stopped by Eric's place of work. He measured me with a hand held contraption that showed that I had 39.5%. And with the calipers it showed that I have 34.5% body fat. He said that it is exact. At the bottom of all of the weight slips that they have at the clinic it says that the desirable range is 24-36% or 27.5- 49 lbs is the desirable goal. Eric told me that if I lost another 15 lbs. that I would be at my ideal weight for my age and height. I told him that I had never been ideal before. He wieighed me in on his floor, weight scales and I weighed 150 lbs. there. After that I went by Dr. Baird's office and weighed on their scales. They are the same type of scales that they have at the New U Clinic. There my weight was 148.5 lbs. with BMI 27.2, fat % 38.8%, fat mass 57.5 lbs., FFM 91 lbs., TBW 66.5 lbs. Again I'm not sure why the difference but I like the numbers better on the latter.

On November 30, at Dr. Baird's office I weighed in at 146 lbs. with BMI of 26.7, fat % 38.8%, fat mass 56.5 lbs., FFM 89.5 lbs. and TBW 65.5lbs. Dr. Baird told me that they like to see the BMI down below 25 so I had 10-12 more lbs. to go so don't level off yet.

On January 9, 2006 at the New U Clinic I weighed 144 lbs., BMI 26.3, fat % 38.4%, fat mass 55.5 lbs., FFM 88.5 lbs. TBW 65. lbs.

This morning I weighed in at 140lbs. on my scales in my all together. From what Dr. Baird said I have about 8 more lbs. to go. I will keep trying. What is important is that I can do so much more and feel so much better than I did before my surgery. I can go shopping now and with just a cart to hang onto can stay an hour in the store without my back killing me like it used to. I went Christmas shopping with Karen last year and just walked with her. The last time we went together she had to push me in my wheelchair. It is so good to feel like doing that. I can cook more, help others more, stand longer and walk further. Before the snow flew I would walk around the block. I hadn't done that in years! I no longer use my shower chair to take my shower. I am working on machines upstairs at Apple Athletic Club to build my muscle mass. I couldn't tolerate that before. It just feels good to be healthiier!!

I found out at Christmas time that I am now a size 12. A true Medium. I started out at size 24W and that was getting tight on me. The Women's sizes are actually smaller than the ladies or misses sizes. A 16W is an 18 ladies or misses. If I didn't have a roll of skin to get over I could probably get into a 10 ladies or misses. It feels good.

No comments: