Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Our Trip to Omaha part 1

I will start this and send it to myself so I can get started on our lovely trip here in Papillion. Today is Saturday, May 13th the day before Mother’s day. We left home a week ago on the 6th at 6:45 am to leave for the Fairfield Inn across town to meet the Shuttle. Our Neighbor, Stan Messick, was kind enough to take us over. There were nine passengers this time all together and they were pulling a trailer behind for the luggage. I met Julia and Jimmy Kennedy from Rexburg and Brooke Rohle from Hillcrest High School area there in IF. We had a delightful chat all the way down. Karl sat up in front beside the driver so he wouldn’t get car sick. Julia and Jimmy were going on their first Carribean Cruise to celebrat their 10th wedding anniversary. Jimmy asked how long I had been married. I told them it will be 44 years in September. He replied, "You’re no spring chicken are you?" It kind of surprised me but didn’t affend me. Around the Bountiful area I asked them if they would like to see my grandchildren. I had our digital camera in my "purse" so I was able to show them the pictures of Kim & Kimberly’s children, Richard & Téa’s children, and Michael & Tanya’s Kendra and Abbie. I stuck it back in my purse but it must have fallen out because after we got to Bryan & Sandy’s and I went to show them to Sandy neither Karl nor I could find the camera. I was just sick and I think Karl was too. They asked if I was sure I had it and I told them yes because I had shown the pictures on it to Julia, Jimmy and Brooke. I hoped immediately that it had fallen out on the Shuttle before I got out of it as opposed to the jet, and the shuttle here in Omaha. Of course the best thing would have been if it had fallen out in the pickup after Chris and Bryan had picked us up at Eppley field there in Omaha. I called the shuttle and they said that Bryan, the driver, wouldn’t be back until 11:00 pm or later their time which would be midnight our time. So I asked them to wait to call in the morning. They hadn’t called by the time we got home from church a little afternoon so I called them again later that afternoon. They said that nothing had been turned in and the information was on the bulletin board if anything should show up. Monday I called Atlanta, the head quarters of Delta, the Park-n-go Shuttle there at Eppley Airport, the Omaha Airport. They all said that nothing had been turned in. So I just kept hoping and praying. I told Bryan that I would probably get another one because I had both the printer that went with it to print off the pictures and another card (a 40 MB card I think) since I had the 1GB card in the camera that I had bought from Kim. Bryan said it sounds like you are playing the "glad game"...finding something positive about this mess. I said that things usually seem better when doing that. Anyway, to jump ahead to Friday, Sandy had gone to take Sara to the doctor and Bryan almost didn’t answer the phone because it looked like a business calling on the ID. But he did. They asked for me. Katie from SaltLake Express (that’s the name of the shuttle company) said that they were going thro’ the lost and found and found what might be my camera. Could I discribe it. I said that it was a small Kodak easy share camera in a small blue denum pocket. She said they had it. She wanted to know where we were. I said we were in the Omaha area but that we would be back Tuesday. She said she would send it with the driver. So altho’ I won’t have any pictures on it of here and everyone here I will have our camera and the other pictures. I feel really blessed. Bryan said that they had enough cameras around here that I could use and then they would e-mail me the pictures I took with them. I said "great!"
Jason is sooo adorable. He looks like his daddy and brothers did when they were as young. Of course he’s already getting his own look. He’s smiling already. He sees angels or someone we can’t see and smiles at them aften. He’s a good baby and a very pleasant baby. He doesn’t have much chance to cry or exercise his lungs with so many people around. Grandma & Grandpa Bonneau are also here and Jessica got here yesterday too. So we are eleven souls in this house right now. It is a few. But great.
Sunday church started at 9:00am so we got up and going early. We finally met Brian & Wendy Hadderlie, Bryan & Sandy’s good friends with whom they’ve been stationed off and on since the Vandenberg days. Sandy is now Relief Society President and Bryan is now the Scout Master. Everyone has been coming and going the whole time we have been here. Their life is very busy and far from dull. Bryan took Karl and me to a session of the Winter Quarters Temple Tuesday night. It is such a beautiful temple! It is one of the small temples but still a good size. I can now stand up throughout the ceremony and the three of us even went up into the prayer circle. The first room we met in was beautiful. It was done in dark wood with gold trim. We then went into another room representing the Terretrial Kingdom. It was all white and gold and very bright. My reaction as I went from the one room to the other was pleasant, thrilling surprise. It is sooo beautiful! I met Sister Millis, the assistant to the matron. Sandy had gotten quite close to her when she and Bryan were in charge of the Baptistry. She asked us if we were here for Jason’s blessing. I told her, "Yes and Chris graduation from high school." She said, "Oh, that’s quite an age span from graduating from high school and a new born." I said, "And that’s not all of it either. Their oldest is a sophomore (I should have said will be a junior this fall) at BYU in Provo." Jason is a surprise but a real blessing in their lives. I know they all will thoroughly enjoy him. I’ll add more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news about the camera!
The temple sounds lovely =)