Thursday, May 18, 2006

Trip to Omaha part 3

I left us at Chris's graduation. It was only a little more than an hour long but the seats were very hard. I had fallen on the steps the day before. I had on my knee high stockings and was not looking at my feet as I went down the stairs and they went out from under me. I just sat down very quickly and very hard. But my sit down surely felt bruised altho' I couldn't see anything in the mirror. My sweet husband took a pillow for me to sit on but it still was difficult to sit there the whole time. I was glad we had to stand up for the processional and recessional. That helped too. The trip home Tuesday was very hard too. I squirmed alot. I'm feeling better today, we went to the temple. I was glad to stand up each time. (Boy! I've changed alot there.) We couldn't figure out what order the students were in. There were names starting with A's on the front row but also O's and S's and W's. Chris was on the third row! So after wards we asked him. They started out aphabetically but then they were able to pick their walking partner. His friend's last name started with a D. So Chris went from the R's to the D's. The last student to get her diploma name started with a T. There were three students who's last name started with a Z. It really had us puzzled. Helen, Al, Karl and I sat on the first row of the balcony. We didn't see Chris march in because Jessica had us all turn toward her so she could take our picture. that's when he came in. We saw him walk out tho'. He even waved to us. I'm glad we were able to be there.

After Chris's graduation we went home to finish fixing dinner. Chris's girlfriend, Dani and her sister Jenifer and mother Julie and her Dad Mark were there. We had met Dani before but it was the first time we had met the rest of her family. They are very nice people. We visited for quite a while after we were thro' with dinner then Bryan brought out his Great Dalmuti game. We taught Julie and Mark how to play it. Chris, Bryce, Jenny and Dani or Sandy didn't play but there were eight of us playing. It was a lot of fun. Julie and Mark seemed to really enjoy playing it too.

We played again Monday night. Bryan, Sandy, Helen, Al, Karl, Sara and me. Bryce had home work, Chris was working at Burger King and Jessica left around noon to fly home. It was sooo nice having her there and having the whole family together. After we got home I got to thinking that Jessica is as much older than Jason as I am older than Bryan. Interesting huh?

Oh, I forgot to tell you what Sandy arranged for me forMother's Day. I had told Téa when we were in Phoenix and I had told Sandy and Bryan after we got there that had started on Epraim's I am a child of God counted cross stitch "thing" just before General Conference and had worked on it while I listened to it. I had completed the hearts and the ring stack and was getting ready to start on the blocks with the initials in. I had left it on the table between the two chiars and hadn't worked on it for a day or two or so. Newspapers had been placed on top of it and my sweet husband gathered up the papers (he usually waits for me to do it) and took them to be recycled. I looked all over for it but I knew I had left it on the table and it was no longer there. He even went back to the recycling place and looked thro' the dumster the best he could without climbing in. He couldn't find it. I was sick. My instructions for making them as well as the embroidery thread and my embroidery scissors were all in the zip lock bag they were in as well as the part I had already done. I could start over all right if I had the instructions. I tho't, "well maybe I could borrow one of Karen's girl's and use it. It wouldn't be as easy but would be possible. I had seen a few different ones with different pictures but the same words. Not as cute but I tho't if I could find one of those but I went to all the craft stores as well as Desert Book and Seagull book and no one had the whole thing. Roberts Craft had the first line and a place for the baby's name and weight and birthdate on it to make into a pillow but it wasn't the same thing. Well the Friday before we left (the same Friday I found out they had found our digital camera) I was on the computer and Bryan came in and said, "You mentioned that you could possiblely borrow one of Karen's girl's I'm a child of God things to look out to help you make one for Jason." I said "yes, I could do that, it wouldn't be as easy as having the directions but it would be possilbe to do that way." Then Bryan said "would this help?" I turned around and he and Sandy were standing there grinning and Bryan held out a kit that was exactly like the first one I had purchased almost 20 years ago for Shani. I think I made hers for her third birthday and have been doing them for the first birthdays for all the others. I was sooo surprised and pleased and thrilled! Now I could make them for our three youngest grandchildren. (I hadn't even told Michael &Tanya yet what had happened.) I could tell that Bryan and Sandy were pleased that I was sooo thrilled. I consider that two miracles happened while we were there. First finding the camera and second getting that I am a child of God kit. I asked them where on earth they found it because I knew they were no longer being made. Bryan said, "Sandy did it. She found it on e-Bay. I said, "I hope you didn't have to pay too much for it." She said, "It was resonable" and left it at that. And then said "Happy Mother's Day!" So I left it at that too. I honestly can't remember what I paid for the first one anyway and I considered this one priceless. There was a woman in Arizona who had bought it years ago and decided that since she had never made it up (I don't think it had even been take out of the bag) she'd sell it on e-Bay. That was the only one available. I'm greatful that Sandy was persistent and got it for me. I really felt bad to think that I may not be able to make one for Ephraim, Abbie and Jason. Now I can.

We left Bryan's house with Sandy and Al at noon on Tuesday. Helen stayed home with Jason, Bryan was at work, Bryce and Sara were at school and Chris was starting his first day on his new job constructing decks. He was thrilled that he could do it this summer. He would have liked to last summer. Our plane left at 2:00pm CDT and was to arrive in SLC by 3:24 MDT. We landed at 3:00 instead. Which was puzzling because it usually takes longer to fly west than east because of the jet stream. I decided that we must have had no head wind at all. We had to just sit there on the runway for 20 minutes because there was a plane still deplaning at the gate we were to use. We had collected our bags by 3:25. We were to meet the shuttle at 4:30pm so we just patiently waited. We had a pleasant ride home. Arrived at the Fairfield Inn right at 8:10pm like we were supposed to. Karl sat up beside Aaron our driver and I found Colleen, Marie and Roger to visit with on the way. I also did some reading too. We arrived home by 8:30. It has been very nice to be home. We did have a very enjoyable stay there with Bryan & Sandy and children. We could see just how involved and busy their lives are. We were thankful that they were able to take the time for us too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your sitting difficulty--glad you were able to make it through the graduation and trip home =)

What a wonderful surprise from Bryan & Sandy, the new kit! Yay, e-Bay!

Thanks for posting about your trip

Anonymous said...

It sounds that over all you trip was good and I am grateful for that. I am glad you have that kit those are sure wonderful things for your grandchildren to have. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us on here.

Kim and I went to the Temple last night and it was great. Maybe in the next day or two I will share some of my thoughts about that on my blogger blog.

MomR said...

Thanks for your comments, T�a and Kimberly. I'll look forward to your tho'ts, Kimberly.

T�a, I hope Elena is feeling better and that rest of you haven't gotten whatever it was she had.