Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm finallly back

I'm finally able to get online now to blog again! I couldn't remember the password that Tanya originally gave me. So I now have a new one. Which is good. I don't know if it was Kimberly, Kim or Tanya that sent me the website to change it. It could have been any of them.

I am now using my new computer. I have a digital picture of it but don't know how to put it on my blog yet. I will have to experiment and see if I can figure it out. If anyone else reads this and can help me, I would appreciate the assist.

I walked over two miles this morning. We joined a walking class last Tuesday. It meets at 8:30 to 9:30 am at Community Park. It is on 25th and Holmes. When our older children lived here, the city didn't go down that far. It is a nice little park with a black top path that has mile markers and benchs around it. When I first started out last Tuesday, I had no idea how far I could walk. I did a mile in 22 minutes and 15 seconds. I have walked a little further each time I've gone. That first time I figured I walked approx. a mile and a half total. I was sooo sore! Wednesday and Thursday. I was able to stride out a little more today since I'm not sore any more. I still feel my back but it doesn't bother me that much. Next week we walk the Green Belt around the river. It is two miles around once. I should be able to do it by then. I'm still the slowest but I'm improving. Before I had my surgery my back felt like it would break into by the time I walked to the end of our driveway. It was a chore to walk from the chapel to the relief society room while holding on to my husband. It is so nice to be able to walk where I need to.

We will go to the temple this afternoon and again Thursday. Then it will be closed for three weeks. By going twice this week I'll be able to finish the 15 names I've been doing for Brother Gill from Coltman. He is originally from India and he has researched over 10,000 names. He had requested the stake members to help with the initiatory work of some of these names.We my sweetheart and I did initiatory work last December 5, I told his wife that I would be glad to do the endowments for those women too. She said to just take them home with me and give them a call when I was finished. I had told Sister Gill that it might take me the whole year but I would get them done. As my health has improved, we have been going to the temple at least once a week. So I have finished by mid year. I am thankful that I feel like going more now. It is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the improved walking distance and stamina! I know you've been working hard and it's great to see the results and the joy you have in your mobility. Kudos also on the temple work and your increased attendance.

It's great to have you back!