Friday, June 16, 2006

An interesting & full Day

Yesterday I had a very interesting and full day. We started the day by going to our walking class. I actually passed the two mile marker during the cool down. By the time I walked to the area where we stretched then walked back to the car I had taken 5374 steps since I had left the shelter to start my trek. I had taken 550 steps up to the time I started the two mile walk. My back bothered me a little but nothing like it used to do. After we got thro' there, we came home and I took my shower and washed my hair, etc. Then we went to the temple. I walked up and down all the stairs. They have kind steps there. Then yesterday evening I went to a "Stamp it up" Club meeting with my neighbor, Jackie Messick. I found that very interesting. You average about a card an hour. You use stamps and ink and card stock. I made two lovely birthday cards. It takes alot more time than the computer does and there still wasn't anything written inside. So altho' I'm glad I went and I enjoyed it, I think I'll stick with my card making on the computer. I walked around the kitchen and living room five or six times before going to bed and still only walked 7500 steps or so. I can really tell that before I had my surgery and while I had those back spasms etc. I must not have walked any more than 200 to 250 steps a day. It really takes a lot of effort and time to walk 10,000 steps...the recommended amount if you want to lose weight.

Today I used my computer to make the insides of the cards and a picture for each card on the inside and the made especially for you part to go on the back with a flower. I took a little bit of time but I'm glad I did it that way. I 'm using one of them for Shani's birthday and the other for Eleana's which is next Wednesday.

I've been working on Epraim's "I'm a Child of God" plaque. I finished the top half. As I did the border, I could tell that the peice of aida cloth was cut crooked. On the right hand side there was 1 1/2 inches between the border and the edge of the cloth. As I went across the top of it I could tell it was crooked. By the time I got to the other side of the cloth, the border was just three small squares from the edge of the cloth. I put the rest of the border on just alittle ways and I had to wind the embroidery thread over the material because there was no hole to put the needle into. My tho't was "I'd better take this to KC Frames where they stretch it and mount it and frame all of my work to see if they will be able to even frame it. They really make my work look beautiful. I took it there today and the verdic was they can not frame it; it is too close to the edge. So I get to start again on Ephraim's plaque. It is a wonder that I hadn't had that problem with any of the first 17 I made. I've never had that problem before. You can be sure that I will check it out before I start any more. I'm going to take it to Wal-Mart where I got the aida cloth and see if they will at least reimburst me for the cloth. Or give me some new cloth. I think they will. Time will tell. I'll start on it tonight. I have an extra package of the aida cloth tha I can use. They say the third time is the charm. I certainly hope so.

No comments: