Monday, January 10, 2011

November 2010

Last Saturday at the FHC Elder Reed came in to help me because we are still so short of missionaries on Saturdays. Toward the end of the day he showed me a new website, roots.cs.byu.edu. It shows you how and who you are related to in the General Authorities and/or their wives. It is fascinating. I've always known that Karl was related to LeGrand Richards. Well, after I had registered and brought my line up, I found out that I am the 9th cousin of his 5 or 6 times removed, I can't remember. Karl is 2nd cousin once removed. Anyway, I got to thinking, if that is the case, then we should hook up back there somewhere. As I was looking at K's and seeing how he was related, I noticed he had some Jenneys in his line. So I got our PAF files out and our common ancestors are John and Sarah Carey Jenney. They are our 8th great-grandparents. Isn't that something? I just found this out a few minutes ago. And all this time we didn't know we were related. Elder Reed had made a comment that if a couple both have pioneer ancestry they will probably have a common ancestor somewhere, even if they have to go way back. I think it was the early 1600's or 1500's. I also I hook up with N S too. We have to go back to the 1500's for that one. The work is really going slow lately tho'. We had only four patrons last Saturday. The week before we had six and we were only open 1/2 a day that day.

No comments: