Monday, January 10, 2011

First Week of 2011

It was good to get back to the FHC last Wednesday. We had more patrons than we’d seen for two or three months. I helped quite a few people. It was good to see the other missionaries and learn how their Christmases went. Saturday was a good day. We had 29 patrons!! That is an all time high for Saturday as far as I know since we started there anyway. We did have a total of 13 missionaries by the end of the day. Elder R has moved over to Saturday from Thursday for which I am very grateful. The B moved to Saturday afternoons and the P have moved to Saturdays too. That is five more missionaries than I would have had other wise. Those 13 were plenty to take care of the patrons. I taught the first PAF class of the series. I had two patrons there—plus three missionaries. I’m hoping that there will be a few more patrons there. There is one woman who came in Saturday afternoon who was interested in taking the class. I hope she does. (Time will tell.) She wants to learn more about PAF. My responsibilities as director went well and smoothly. I had quite some trouble with diarrhea right after prayer meeting. I am thankful I had a change of clothes in the car and was able to get thro’ prayer meeting and then my class without difficulty. There is a sister missionary that also has the same problem. I asked her if she had some anti-diarrhea pills with her. She replied, “Heck, yes!” She lent me two of them and I didn’t have anymore problem. I tho’t I had put two of them in my pocket but couldn’t find them. I found them beside my computer when I got home. I will have to be sure to have some with me at all times. If I carried my purse everywhere I would always have them with. I do usually have pockets in my clothes or at least I will put some in my coat pocket so I will always have them with me. I’m thankful that they work. I took some yesterday morning and didn’t have any trouble. I’m sure that the doctor would tell me that I have IBS or irritable bowl syndrome. But I’m not ready to be diagnosed with that yet. I’ve had problems with it since before my gastric by pass surgery. Dr. L told me it was pancriatic insufficiency. I go for a while with it then go for awhile without any trouble. Since we don’t go to church until 11:00 this year, I’m going to try to get up close to the same time as I did before and then spend that time writing in my journal and maybe, hopefully starting on my life story. After 67 years I should have something to write about.  If I write weekly, then I will have more detail as well as the entries not being so long so that will be good.

No comments: