Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's now June!

Last week was our seventh week as Service Missionaries. We have now completed our six weeks training period so no longer have to go to the FHC on Mondays. Since it was Memorial Day the FHC wasn’t open anyway. I stayed home all day long for the first time in months! I remember when my first three children were very little, when we couldn’t take Karen anywhere because she was so susceptible because of her heart, that I stayed home day after day after day hardly ever going anywhere. I went to Sacrament meeting in the evening with three-year-old Bryan, while my sweetheart stayed home with Karen less than a year old and Michael who was two. I went to mutual for 15 minutes on Tuesday evening to play for the opening exercises then came home. That was all I went out for a whole year! Now it is a treat to stay home all day long. I can remember thinking, “Will these three ever grow up?” Well, it didn’t take very long; it seems like I just turned around three times and they had children of their own. Pm Wednesday evening I learned how to use PAF Insight to find LDS ordinances that have been done for those on my program after running my PAF program thro’ the Temple Ready update program that the center has. I did this after I had spent hours and hours “cleaning” up my program and getting rid of duplicate individuals, etc. I have 79 pages of individuals with incomplete ordinances. I’m now on page 22. I downloaded the program for $25 so I could use it at home. I do a little in my spare time. I print off a page or two at a time and cross them off as I find their ordinances. If I don’t find any, then I go to FamilySearch.org and see if I can find them. Most of them I do but there are six or seven total so far that I haven’t found any on. Yesterday, I found one man who was born in 1856 who died approximately 1915 who’s endowment was done in 1920 for him. But I couldn’t find a baptism for him anywhere. I spent a couple of hours going on the old DOS IGI they have there at the center, and going thro’ eight microfilm looking at family group sheets that had been turned in. I found a Robert Chollet born in France but I was looking for a Jules Albert Chollet born in Switzerland. I didn’t find anything so since I asked three of the missionaries there if his baptism had to be on record, and I was told that yes it did, we will have to have that one done. I now know how to use the microfilm machines very well and could show someone else how to do it. I gained that much from that experience.

Last Wednesday evening when my sweetheart tried to call his mother about 9:50 pm to talk to her for the first time that day, she didn’t answer. He mentioned he couldn’t imagine where she was; he was sure she was planning on going to the temple the next day so wouldn’t be out late…but maybe she was with Paul & ElDene and they were getting back later than usual. I stated that they are very seldom out that late and maybe we should call Crae Williams, her former bishop, who just lives down the road. (I couldn’t remember his first name at the time, but my sweetheart knew to whom I was referring.) He said no that he would try again a little later. He did about 10:30. Still no answer. I stated again that we should try to call Crae Williams. He said no that things were probably just fine. (I had tho’t out in my mind months before, what we would do and whom we could call if we were concerned about her. However, I hadn’t discussed this with Karl.) Anyway, we went to bed and got up the next morning and went to the 9:00 water aerobics class, then the Sliver Sneakers class at 10:30 and then a hair cut appointment for me at noon. An hour or so after we got home I tho’t of checking to see if there were any messages. There was one from Mom that she had left at almost 10:00 that morning stating that she just called to tell us why she didn’t answer the phone the night before when Karl had called and left two messages. I called her right then. She said that she had been in the shower and had fallen and couldn’t get up or out and had spent the whole night in the bathtub! I asked her how she finally got out and she said that when Mr. Wheeler came to pick her up to take her to the temple the next morning and she didn’t come out to the car he sent a woman who was with him in to check on her. (The only time she locks her door is when she’s leaving home for a long time.) Mom was able to drape a towel over herself and Mr. Wheeler helped her out. She said she could walk fine and felt OK. But as the days are passing she has found out that she is not only very bruised but also very sore and hard to move very fast. She has since been thinking of maybe selling her place after all and moving down to the assisted living center by Roy, Utah that she tho’t of going to earlier in the year. I’m just sorry that I didn’t call myself. But, I tho’t maybe I was an alarmist and since my sweetheart wasn’t concerned I shouldn’t be either. Next time, if there is a next time, I will look up the number and call myself!

4 comments:

Tigersue said...

They should watch her very closely for the next few days. It was the fall the lead to the death of my grandpa Houskeeper. It can really effect kidney function to deal with the bruising, and can really throw all the electrolytes out of balance.

MomR said...

Thanks for the suggestion. She is feeling so much better now that she says she is just fine at home by herself now. She now doesn't want to think aobut going to an assisted living center. She told me she had her bath mat in the tub so she didn't slip. "I don't know why I fell or even how I fell, I just know that I woke up on the bottom of the tub.

I suspect she probably had a bout of V-fib or something similar and she passed out. She said she felt just fine before. When I told Dad that he said, "Well, maybe we should start preparing ourselves that she won't be around for very long."

rchollet said...

I am Reynold CHOLLET, born 1942, from Switzerland, and making the genealogy of my family CHOLLET (originating from Maracon/Switzerland).
Maybe I can help you as we have more than 4000 CHOLLET on our tree (some from branches in the USA as well).
Tell me who you are looking for (names, year of birth, spouse, children, all what you know).

Cordially

Reynold CHOLLET
www.chollet.ch
www.reynold.ch

rchollet said...

Please use my direct email address:
rchollet@bluewin.ch

Reynold CHOLLET