Monday, April 03, 2006

I Love General Conference

I do look forward to general conference each six months. I also enjoy the Stake conferences that we have. I learn so much and really feel the Spirit. We didn't get to concentrate a lot on the Saturday sessions because our Kims and their children were up for a sister's wedding. But after we finished with the 10:00 session I'd turn the TV over to KBYU-PBS and watch it again...the same with the 2:00 session. I figure that I got most of it doing it that way. There were some excellant talks on both days. I could feel the Spirit and really enjoyed watching it. I'm so thankful for modern technology that allows for us to sit in our own homes and watch and listen to the message of our prophets. I'm so thankful that President Hinckley has recovered enough that he can go on with what he has to do. He is really a remarkable man. I enjoyed reading his biography by Sheri Dew last year. I could see how the Lord prepared him for his role today at each step of his life. I'm sure he sees it too altho' he probably didn't at the time he was doing some things. I felt relieved yesterday afternoon when he said he hoped we wouldn't take his talk as an obituary. Because I had had that tho't. I'm planning on seeing him again in October.

We found out that our 20th grandchild, and 8th grandson was born last Friday. His name is Jason Karl Robinson. When I looked at the pictures his daddy sent us on the computer, my first tho't was he looks like (his oldest brother) Chris did. Then I tho't Chris was 8 months old before I saw him. And then I realized that he looked alot like his daddy did when he was first born. But then Chris looks like his daddy too. We don't know if this is the last of the grandchildren or not. We have one great granddaughter who is older than the last three grandchildren. They will grow up being close to the same age but be of a different generation. We have 26 progenitors already!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you forward us the pictures? They didn't make it to our inbox and we'd love to see little Jason =)

When I saw that President Hinckley was able to do the rededication of the Chile temple and the Relief Society building, I was very happy. My classmate Kevin's interpretation of his remarks "Don't start shovelling dirt on me just yet...but, you know, it might be wise to keep the dirt close by, just in case..."

Tigersue said...

I remember him making the same sort of comments the past few years. I think the gist of it is, he is getting older, and you never know what the next few months will bring. Until then I will live my life as I always have, and that is planning on being here tomorrow. I have been more concerned since the cancer diagnosis, it always seems with the GAs that when one is diagnosed it isn't too long before they die. I think Elder Maxwell is one of the few that lived longer, than I expected.

Tigersue said...

Mom,
I have to gently remind you that you first saw Chris when he was 4 1/2 months old, remember, when Michael and I were married? wink, wink

MomR said...

Oh, Tanya, I had forgotten that. I was counting from when they were here for Kim's farewell and we had the family picture taken. Anyway, I meant I didn't see him as a newborn.

MomR said...

T�a, I will forward them to you.

I interpreted his remarks the same way as your friend Kevin did.

MomR said...

I need to fix my Outlook again then I will forward it. I forgot that I need to run the disks thro' again. I'll do it soon.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hi,
Thank you for the replying to the comments I left on Natasha's birthday. She looks like a very beautiful girl. I would have emailed you but can't find your email, probably safer that way. I was born and raised in Driggs but have not been there for many years. My wife and I served a mission in Idaho Falls and we would visit the wards talking about the Provident Living website. Maybe you seen us on one of those occasions. Hope to hear more from you and I will bookmark you blog site so I can see what you are up to. You are keeping pace, actually a little ahead of us, since we have 20 grandchildren right now with #21 due next week and #22 due in July. Whew, and I don't feel that old. I enjoy Tigersue's blog. So her name is acutally Tanya.