Saturday, April 08, 2006

Computers!!

This week I've had a "love/hate relationship" with my computer. It is seven years old and antiquainted and since I'm only semi computer literate it has been harrasing me this week. It has Windows 98 which no longer receives support. It is getting more and more glitches in it all the time. I have already decided to get a new very up-to-date/state-of- the-art computer this summer. But it may not come fast enough to maintain my sanity. When our Kims were here last weekend Kim put on a program so he can get into my computer from his house in Utah and "fix" mine when something goes wrong. At least try to fix it. It is pretty neat. It is weird watching the arrow move around and me not do it. Two weeks ago or so my Outlook from which I get my e-mail started to malfunction. It downloaded the same four e-mails about 20 times or more then a little gray box would pop up and say, "This program has performed an illegal procedure and will be shut down." It got very frustrating. I couldn’t send out e-mails or receive any other than those four. I called Teton Wireless yesterday and spent 45 minutes on the phone with one of their techs and in the end she said, "I’m sorry that I
couldn’t help you because Windows 98 doesn’t have support anymore.." Anyway, it started working last night again only with a litlle envelope that has a letter put in and after the flap closes it, disappears. It’s cute and fun to watch. It wasn’t on there before. I was able to go to my website e-mail with my server and read my e-mail there but things were so different there that it was hard to understand what to do for certain things. Everything was so different. From how to reply to how to send a message to how you delete stuff. It took me hours to finally figure out what I did. And I tho’t I was a fast learner! Anyway, I’m looking forward to this June when I get my new computer. I’ve been saving for it since November since I paid off my new car.

No comments: