Sunday, March 05, 2006

"Men and women are of equal value before God and must be equally valuable in the eyes of each other."—Marion D. Hanks

I like this quote. We know as Latter-day Saints that one gender can't make it to the Celestial Kingdom without the other. Every day I'm awed by our Heavenly Father's plan. That He had everything planned even before He created everything. That He planned how we could and would get back to Him if we but follow Him and keep His commandments. I can see the influence of Satan everywhere trying to thwart that plan and keep as many of us from returning as possible. Every good thing that comes along he finds a bad evil way to use it. That's why we need to stay close to the Spirit and be able to discern the evil from the good and stay as far away from it as possible.

I was reading in II Nephi yesterday and was awed again that Jacob, brother of Nephi knew some 560 years before our Savior was born that not only He would be born in Palestine but the reason He was born there because of all of the people on the earth, they were the only ones wicked enough to crucify or kill their God. That is quite a thing to be said about a people! Later on in the Book of Mormon we are told that not only would He be crucified but would rise on the third day. I'm so thankful for the B of M and the truths we gain from it. The prophets who told of is crucifixion and rising on the third day were prophets who were recorded on the Brass Plates so the people of Palestine had access to those scriptures at one time then because of their wickedness they were lost. They didn't have them but the righteous people on this continent did. The Lord does work in mysterious ways especially when we can't see the "big picture".

I am so thankful to live in this day and age and have these truths to help me in teaching my children and grandchildren.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent quote!

Tigersue said...

I love it when you post mom! You have such good things to say.

K said...

I enjoyed reading this. I have a lot to learn from you. I love you and I appreciate the support you have given us especially recently :)

MomR said...

You all say such nice things. Thanks. I love you all.