Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm caught--My 7 songs

Tanya tagged me so here are my seven songs. I had to think about them to get seven then when I started I could have gone on to 15 or more. I love the Hymns of the church and most of extra ones would have been from there. Here goes:

Let Me Call You Sweetheart---this was the first song my sweetheart-to-be sang to me only on the ninth day of our knowing each other. It left me speechless so I asked him if he meant it after he got thro' singing it and he said, "Yes I do."

2. ALWAYS by Irving Berlin---This was "our" song and as I review the words I think it still is. They are:

Everything went wrong, and the whole day long I'd feel so blue
For the longest while, Id forget to smile then I met you.
Now that my blue days have passed,
Now that I've found you at last.

Dreams will all come true, growing old with you and time will fly
Caring ech day more, than the day before till Spring rolls by
Then when the Springtime has gone,
Then will my love linger on.

Refrain:

I'll be loving you ALWAYS
With a love that's true ALWAYS
When the things you've planned need a helping hand,
I will understand ALWAYS, ALWAYS.
Days may not be fair ALWAYS
That's when I'll be there, ALWAYS
Not for just an hour,
Not for just a day,
Not for just a year,

But ALWAYS.

Yes, I think they still apply and have much meaning.

3. Rigoletto--the sound track--a Feature Family Films movie

4. Phantom of the Opera Sound track. I always really liked it but when I first saw the movie in the theater and heard that full organ, it gave me chills. I still get much of the same feeling whenever I listen to it.

5. He Sent His Son--from the Children's Song Book

6. Let There Be Peace on Earth

7. How will They Know----the choir version, not the version in the Children's Song Book. The words are the same but the music to the choir version is sooo much prettier.

And I'm going to add #8--Lord, I Would Follow Thee. I've loved this hymn especially since the "new" Hymnal was first published. I've tried to make it my creed.

There you have it, Tanya. Let me know what you think. I'm going to follow Téa's example and not tag anyone else. Does that make me a rebel too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have #4, the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack--yay!

#5 can give me chills too

#8 is one I enjoy as well, though I hadn't realized that it was 'new' to the hymnbooks.

#7 is dear to my heart--it confirmed/strengthened my path as a mother.

~~~~~~~~

When I think about being a rebel, I think of this exchange:

First person: "I don't get it. What are you rebelling against?"

Second person:"What do ya got?"

Tigersue said...

Heaven's no mom, I usually don't tag unless I really want to see what someone might put down. Since I love music I figured this would be a good way to see what my sisters, my children, and my MIL are listening too. Thanks for playing along. You're a good sport. :)