Sunday, March 12, 2006

An Eventful Week

This week has been a very eventful week. I went to my Pilates class and my water exercise class Monday. Karl didn't go with me because I had to be there a little before noon and he'd been working outside and wasn't ready. Bryan had called while I was there. Karl went later in the day and I called Bryan after he was home from work. He lives in Nebraska so is an hour ahead of us. He used his conference call feature and we talked to Kim and Kimberly. Kimberly has been having a bout of depression that just wouldn't leave. It was brought on by PPD or post partum depression after surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. They have a five almost six year old who is very challenging and Kimberly was feeling overwemed. She is the visiting teaching coordinator in her ward and they just moved Kim from being the Bear Den leader into the eleven year old scouts and asked Kimberly to take over the Bear Den. The bishopric had only been in three weeks and the bishop has only lived in the ward for only a week longer than they have so they didn't know their situation. Karl and I decided that we could go down and stay as long as we were needed. Kimberly has been on an anti depressant but it wasn't holding and we felt that she needed to be elvaluated and possiblely admitted to the hospital. So after supper Tuesday night Kim and I took her over to the hospital. They talked to her and because she hadn't tried suicide or felt like going home and killing herself or someone else they wouldn't admit her. We were finally able to get into a clinic Thursday morning and she was able to talk to someone there. She was encouraged to attend the support groups. She was able to get an appointment with a doctor to evaluated her medications, etc for next Tuesday. However, Wednesday night she and Kim went for her to be set apart as the Bear Den leader. Karl and I were with the children and put them to bed. They were gone much longer than we had anticipated. It turned out that they had a planning meeting (in two different rooms for the different scouts) after the setting apart. Kimberly found out just what was expected of her and how many meetings she and Kim would supposed to attend. They can't be both of them be away from home for more than a few minutes and the planning meetings and round table meetings were on the same night at the same time. They could go any where from 1 1/2 to 2 hours each time. When they got home Kimberly was in a full blown panic attack just thinking about everything that was expected of her. I was sooo thankful for my training as an RN and my experiences or working at BHC (Behavioral Health Center). I know it was the Holy Ghost that brought things to mind to get her to slow her breathing down and get her to talking about it and realize what had brought all of this on. I told them that we need to call the bishop and/or the second counselor in the Primary and let them know what was going on. The bishop's wife was the second counselor in the Primary so that worked out very well. After we got thro' (the phone was on speaker), she immediately felt better and felt that a great weight had been relieved. She did feel alittle guilty about having to say no, but I reminded her that the Lord does not expect us to run any faster than we are able and right now she just isn't able to run very fast and must take care of herself first. Because a person can't fill up someone else's bucket when their own bucket is empty. Intellectually she was able to accept this right away. But emotionally it was harder. I think all of us are that way at one time or another. Friday, she was feeling and doing sooo much better. She and I planned a two week menu for meals with things she had on hand so that she wouldn't have to stress over what to fix. She found a crock pot cook book that she had forgotten about. On days that she has appointments I told her that she could put everything in the crock pot right after the children left for school and supper would be ready in the evening without having to do any more. The children can even set the table before school and that would save time too.

We had fun with the children also. Nathaniel has some very interesting original stories that he told me. He is so animated as he tells them. It was so interesting to watch him and listen to him as he told his stories. Grace should me some of her gymnastics and how limber she is. She can do splits three ways and get all the way down to the floor two of them and almost all the way down the third. She also showed me how her teacher showed her how to stretch her muscles so she can eventially get all the way down the third way too. Kimberly, Alex and I made cookies one afternoon. And we watched a couple of DVD's that they wanted to share with us. "Just Like Heaven" and "Sky High" I'm glad I saw them. Friday night Karl and I taught Kim and Kimberly how to play Pinochle. We played the gals agains the guys. The guys won but it was really fun for us. We had many laughs while we were playing. We really enjoyed our stay with them and got very close to all of them. Now they have a larger home we will be staying with them more often.

We read in the Old Testament every school morning while we were there. It is so rewarding to see one's children teaching their children to live the Gospel and love the Lord. They are doing a better job than we did and that is as it should be. It is important that each generation improve on the past one. It is soooo rewarding seeing all five of our children and their sweethearts active in the church and have strong testimonies of the Gospel and our Savior and teaching their children to live up rightly before the Lord. There is nothing more joyful.

We got back last night at about 7:15. We stopped and saw my mother then Michael & Tanya and children on our way back. Abbie has grown so much and is getting so cute. Kendra is too. It's too bad that we can't see them more often so they can know us. It will come tho'. It was sooo nice to see them even for a couple of hours. I am so thankful for my children and grandchildren. They are really what life is all about!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear you had a nice visit, safe travel, good times...

MomR said...

T�a do you realize it is less than a month and we will be down there? I told someone today that we went to Utah in March will go to Phoenix in April and will go to the Omaha area in May. My it sounds like we never stay home!

Anonymous said...

I know, I was looking at my plans in my planner last night. You are really hitting the roads/skies this year!

I still need to plan the menu and shopping list(s).

Cheanna keeps making a bed on the floor in the purple room because she says she has to be ready for when you come =)

K said...

Mom, I appreciate so much that you and Dad were here. I was thankful of Dad's willingness to go with me to the fitness center when I didnt want to be a lone and that you were there when I had my panic attack. I felt like I got closer to both of you. IT was a good visit.

MomR said...

Yes, Kimberly, it was a good visit. I feel closer to both you and Kim and feel like I know your children better. I am glad that I went and am thankful for my experience as both a mother and a nurse to draw on. They both were invaluable.

MomR said...

T�a, Cheanna has 3 1/2 weeks to practice making her bed on the floor. She should be really good at it by then.=)

K said...

I know it wasn't you on bpd comment, it was MY mom. Anyway, the dresses in that picture ARE hunter green, can't you tell?

Anonymous said...

Cheanna says she loves you and is excited for your visit =)

MomR said...

Kimberly, I couldn't tell that the dresses were Hunter green. On my computer they looked navy blue. Go figure.

MomR said...

T�aTell Cheanna I love her too. I looking so forward to visiting you. I can't get excited yet....it's too far away and too long to be excited as yet.

I love all of you.