Sunday, January 27, 2008

The week of January 20, 2008

This was written last week but the blogger site wouldn't accept it last week and I forgot about it until now so it is posted a week late.

This past week has been kind of laid back. I haven’t exercised nearly as much as I should have done but when the temperatures are below zero it is so hard to go out when you don’t absolutely have to. I’ve kept busy at home. I’ve working on an I’m a Child of God plague for our youngest grandchild. I accomplished quite a bit on that last week. At the FHC we have both been working on indexing Obituaries for South East Idaho. We type in the name of the images that were digilized last summer so then can be sent into the Family Search Program in SLC and will be able to be obtained online from anywhere in the world. That is so remarkable. I’ve also been working on a micro film that after I ordered it from SLC I found out that it was already at the library. I have found 72 people some I have found after checking the IGI have their work done but some don’t. They are on the Meier line which takes off from the Bernhard line which takes off from the Rufener line which takes off from the Wendel line. So it is back aways. I have to go back over the Bernhards who are on the same film and I may be able to add more to my line.

The other day I was wondering where I had put the cards that had the baptisms and confirmations of the people Natasha and Collin were baptized for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I was thinking that I had put them in my temple suit case so my sweetheart and I could do the initiatory work the next time we went thro’ the temple again. They weren’t in there. I couldn’t imagine where I had put them and felt some urgency to find them. These were people who were waiting to have their work done and I was so afraid that I wouldn’t be able to find them. My tho’t was: the Lord will help me find them. Yesterday morning while I was saying my morning prayers, I was asking for His help. The tho’t came to me: they may be in that desk drawer with the tracker sheets. I knew that I had entered the baptisms on my PAF file. I had also taken all the duplicate cards and put them together and in my temple suitcase so I could take them back to the temple. I then tho’t: Maybe I got them mixed up with them. Then my tho’t immediately went back to look in that desk drawer. So I did. And there were three different tracking sheets. Each had a pink sticky on it. One had 13 females, another had 10 males and another had Sealings. I looked inside them and sure enough there they were! I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and that I am worthy of His promptings and can recognize them. That experience made me feel warm and fuzzy all over and was a good beginning to a good day.

No comments: