Sunday, July 16, 2006

The last two weekends

It will be five weeks next weekend since we have had a regular stay at home weekend. It has been fun but I'm looking forward to just a "regular" weekend at home. Of course by the time next weekend comes that could change too. On the 24th of June we had our family reunion at Karen & Kent's, on July 1st Kim & Kimberly and children came and stayed with us and last weekend July 8th we went to Utah to be there for Nathaniel's being ordained a deacon in the Aaronic priesthood. We left Friday right afternoon. We were glad we were there altho' my sweetheart felt like he was going under duress. He very much hates to drive in the SLC freeway traffic. Idaho has spoiled us that way. Altho' sometimes 17th street here can be almost as bad at 5:00 on a weekday. Grandma & Grandpa Bush were there as well as Grandma Wendel too. We had dinner afterwards and I took my poppy seed cake and a jello salad that has cherry pie filling in it (I used the light along with sugar free jello.) and 1 1/4 cups sprite or 7-up. Since I'm not supposed to have carbonated beverages, I got some Kroger Light Lemonade and used that instead. Then you put whipped topping on top. It tasted really good. We spent Saturday morning with Mama in American Fork (we stayed with her this time.) and Roy Clifford, my nephew, and his wife Dean stopped by to tell GrandmaW goodbye before heading back to California. Then a hour or so later, my brother Roy and his wife, Cindy came over with their three grandsons from CA who were going to be with them for the week. I hadn't seen Roy and Cindy for a couple of years. Then Rebekah, my neice stopped by to pick Mama up to take her to SLC to see the new Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith memorial. We went over and spent the afternoon with Michael and Tanya and Natasha, Collin, Kendra and Abbie. We even got a game of Pinochole in. Karl and Natasha won by 60-80 points is all. Michael and I led most of the game but they took the last bid and that's what made the difference. We had lunch and supper with them then went back to American Fork. We had a quiet evening. Sunday evening after we got back from Orem Julie, my sister-in-law came over. I hadn't seen her since my brother, John, died four years ago. It was so good to see her. And then my neice Rachel, her husband, Tim and son Wyatt came over at about the same time and we had a very nice visit with all of them. It had been quite a while since we had seen some of these people so I'm thankful we were able to this time. We left about 9:00 Monday morning to come back to IF. Karl had a 3:15pm doctor's appointment with Doctor Baird to check on a lump Karl noticed on his back about a month ago that was kind of tender. It turned out it was an inclusion cyst or a plugged sabicious gland or "large zit" as Dr. Baird said. He had it removed this last Wednesday and had three sutures put in it. Monday night was just taking it easy. We went to the temple for the first time for three weeks since it just opened on this past Tuesday. We went Thursday. It was good to get back there again. Now I can tolerate it so much better we will go every week at least once. I'll write about this weekend (yesterday) in the next entry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap!

Anonymous said...

That was me--oops! =)

Anonymous said...

You had shared most of it on our afternoon visit on Saturday, but it was sure a nice visit and glad to hear of family relations still being strong. I didn't know if Julie wanted contact with John's family so I have been keeping my distance--I think of her every time I pass by to go to the temple...good news, but I'll still procede with caution...

MomR said...

Michael, Julie keeps in close contact with Grandma W. I think she still wants to be included in our family.