Friday, November 27, 2009

I Have Many Things to be Thankful For

About three weeks ago a niece challenged us to write something every day that we are thankful for. I took the challenge and will record the results here.
#1. Today I am thankful for life itself.
#2. Today I am thankful to be alive in this day and age.
#3. I'm so thankful to be a member of the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
#4. I'm thankful for my parents and the things they taught me and the examples they set for me to follow.
#5. I am thankful for the men & women in and have been in the armed forces, those who fight to keep our freedoms in tact.
#6. I'm thankful for my children and the way they are teaching their children. And I am sooo grateful for my grandchildren and now great grandchildren.
#7. I'm thankful for my calling as a Family History Missionary and the knowledge I have gained from being at the Family History Center.
#8. I'm thankful for the love that I feel from others and my many friends.
#9. I am thankful for a nice warm home on these cold winter days & nights.
# 10. I'm thankful for my knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father and older brother, Jesus Christ.
#11. I'm thankful for finding ancestors last night at the FHC who fought in the Revolutionary War. After reading the "Prelude to Glory" series, I know that they didn't get the 2 lbs. 10 shillings that the papers said they did. They really went thro' a lot so we could have such a wonderful country.
#12. I'm thankful to live here in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
#13. I'm thankful for a sweet, helpful husband
#14. I'm thankful to still have my mother with us. She is 90 years old. I enjoy talking to her on the phone.
#15. I'm thankful to still have my mother-in-law with us. She is 93 years old. Both she and my mother are in good enough health that they still live alone
#16. I am thankful for many friends all over the world, right now.
#18. I'm thankful for a good mind and that I learn quickly.
#19. I'm thankful for tiny babies. They help remind us of a loving Heavenly Father whose presence they so recently left. (I was able to take care of my great-granddaughter, Olivia, while her mother and grandmother went shopping--taking advantage of the Black Friday specials.)
#20. I’m thankful to have modern day prophets to lead us in the ways our Heavenly Father wants us to go and help us be prepared when disasters & trials strike.
I have so many more blessings than even these. They are really too many to innumerate. Everything I have and am I owe to my loving Heavenly Father. I know all good things come from Him.

No comments: