Monday, December 08, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

. We had a lovely Thanksgiving. We went to Karen & Kent’s. Shani and Jon were there with Macie and Porter. Macie is talking quite plainly now. She is so cute. Porter is six months old now and also very cute. I enjoyed being around them both so much. We also enjoyed having Bryce there. He came down here the Sunday evening before and stayed with us until Tuesday evening after Michael McLean’s The Forgotten Carols. I think he really enjoyed them. I know I did. He went home with Karen that night so he could spend some time with Kylie because after that time they may not see each other until after his mission.

While Bryce was here he helped me do some straightening and cleaning in the big room. He also brought in a cabinet that Karen had given my husband to put some of his stuff in by his chair. He also brought all of the Christmas boxes upstairs for my husband. It took my husband a couple of days to get them upstairs last year. Bryce’s young legs did it in less than 30 minutes. And there were quite a few boxes too. He put the Christmas tree together for me and put the star on. We didn’t have time to decorate it that evening with going to Forgotten Carols. And on Wednesday I was cooking and getting things ready to take to Karen’s for Thanksgiving etc. Wednesday evening the Kims and children stopped by on their way to Kimberly’s brother Rex’s place in Rigby where they stayed and had Thanksgiving. Since I hadn’t decorated the tree yet and had told them their children could stay there while they spent the day together, I decided to wait until Friday and let Nathaniel, Grace and Alex help me with it. We had a good day together. Then the Kims and children spent most of Saturday with us too. It was very pleasant to visit with them and have them here. We also really enjoyed having Bryce here too.

I am so blessed. I’m blessed to be a missionary at the Family History Center. The Lord has blessed me with a good mind that I can remember things. I have learned so much since we started there almost 20 months ago. I enjoy teaching what I’ve learned to others. I’m now a trainer on the Saturday shift and that means I teach the new missionaries and help them with some of the programs we have and with their own PAF program to get them cleaned up, etc. It is so rewarding.

At a zone conference last Friday both Elder Killian, the FHC director and Brother Rawson, who spoke to us, told us that we were where we were supposed to be in our lives, working there at the Family History Center. The Spirit bore witness to me as they each said it.

Last Wednesday I was helping a patron who had ancestors from Switzerland and told him about the Billiter Notes that Julius Billiter microfilmed most if not all of the Parish records in Switzerland. After he left and I ate supper I looked at my pedigree chart and was looking at my Grandma Wendel’s line and saw the names Hofer and Dreier. I looked in the FHLibrary Catalog and found films with both of their names. I felt like I needed to check out the Dreiers. I looked up there at the FHC to see if we had the film on the Dreiers and we did! I found six generations with children, back to my 11th great grandparents!! That is 13th great grand parents for you. Some of the work has been done but not all. I definitely feel like the Spirit was guiding me on this. I took the submission disk after preparing it Saturday to the temple so I’m sending the cards down to Michael so Collin and Natasha can do the baptisms next week when the youth in their ward go to the temple.

At a zone conference last Friday both Elder Killian, the FHC director and Brother Rawson, who spoke to us, told us that we were where we were supposed to be in our lives, working there at the Family History Center. The Spirit bore witness to me as they each said it.

No comments: