Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Week

We woke up to almost snow yesterday. It did snow but didn’t stick. It is supposed to warm up this week. I hope so. I’m not ready for winter yet.

The FHC was the busiest I have seen on a Saturday yet since we started over six months ago. I myself helped with four different temple ready submission disks. I am so thankful that I have been able to learn how to do that and remember how. It is so satisfying and gives so much peace of mind to help others. The first part of the shift was kind of frustrating for me tho’. I am to teach a class to other missionaries and patrons that may come in next Saturday on updating your records with temple ready. I wanted to make a special file that I knew would have ordinances to download from the temple ready program. So I tried to make a partial file starting with my Grandma Hurst and going back 4 or 5 generations. Instead of going to export, (I had forgotten how to do it) I went right straight to the “Export for temple ready windows” and it brought up the wrong people. I tried it two or three times then went to Brother Mondock for help. As he was standing there and I was telling him what I did, it dawned on me that I was clicking on the wrong thing. He did walk me thro’ it but after I remembered what I was doing wrong it went OK. I was able to go ahead and do it and everything turned out all right. I saved it to my flash drive but I will have to redo it because when I got home the file came up as read only and I won’t be able to add to it. So I deleted it and will practice a few more times here at home. I will have time to make another file like that before my class this Saturday if I have to.

I helped Karl get started on using PAF Insight with his file. He is finding he still needs to do some editing. It is amazing how easy it is to miss some things altho’ you try so hard to get everything each time you go thro’ it. He is learning and doing well. It is so neat to work with the people we work with there at the center. The people we work with both on Wednesday and Saturday are very special.

I have been kind of dragging lately so I had a Feritin level drawn last Friday. I called a little later to find out the results and found out it is within the normal limits. So maybe I’m not getting enough exercise or not going to bed early enough. If I’m in bed before midnight, I can’t go to sleep until later. But I need to be up and gone before 9:00 every morning if I keep to my schedule of exercise and FHC. I just stayed home all day Thursday. It felt sooo good to not have to go anywhere (altho’ I should have gone to the Silver Sneakers exercise class.

Today before sacrament meeting I was sitting there in my seat with Karl and some ladies who were very friendly came in and sat down behind us. They explained that they were from the General Board of the Primary. There were six of them. One I recognized from our stake. She is on the Stake Primary Board. They have been visiting areas in Idaho all week. There were two from the Primary General Board and two from the Young Women’s General Board. After sacrament meeting as I was coming out of the restroom two of them were going in. They both commented told me what a beautiful singing voice my husband has. They said they just sat there and listened to him and thoroughly enjoyed it. I told them thank you. Then as I was walking down the hallway to the Sunday School class another one stopped me and told me the same thing. I know that the people at the FHC really enjoy his voice too. He leads the singing on both days. I really love hearing him sing too and whistle as well. It seems he is almost always whistling whether here at home, out side or even at the FHC if he’s checking the micro film or micro fische. He does have a wonderful talent in doing both. I’m thankful to be able to share it with him and listen to him often. He makes a few in our corner of the world a little happier.

No comments: